In corporate environments as well as in consumer scenarios, the design, deployment and management of IoT components requires urgently better security and privacy protection. Gartner has predicted 20.8 billion IoT devices by 2020, of which 13.8 billion in the consumer sector: the figures are just rising as fast as the breaches or attacks unveiled (or not) across every sector. Addressing the whole attack surface of IoT, from sensors to Cloud, entails an end-to-end security approach.
In its 6th edition, Connect Security World precisely aims to apply the advanced security expertise developed for secure transactions to the design, development, deployment and management of IoT devices, solutions and systems.
Driven a security by design approach, the technical conference will cover in particular connected devices (HW and SW), gateways to IoT platforms and servers with focuses on applications in Verticals such as SCADAs, Smart Cars, Smart Grids, Smart Homes, e-Health, etc., and focuses on the role of industry and/or government in IoT security guidance.
OBJECTIVES & FORMAT
Connect Security World gives the opportunity for IT security experts from applied research and industry to meet and exchange with the whole IoT technologies stakeholders (the “IoT developpers”), from manufacturing to digital services providers and implementers in vertical markets.
An independent collaboration and information-sharing platform, Connect Security World’s aims at a good mix of digital security expertises, from latest secure technologies stemming from cryptography to strategies and methods to minimize risks and enable successful implementations of end-to-end security – knowing that security is never perfect and no unique security solution (HW, SW…) can fit all levels of protection.
– Digital Security researchers and developers from Academia and Industry
– IoT developers: device designers and makers, application and service developers, IoT platforms and gateways providers…
– Other IoT ecosystem stakeholders: MNOs, system integrators, Cloud services providers…
– Organizations from any vertical leveraging IoT technologies in their processes and commercial development
– Security Standards, Regulation, Industry association bodies,
LIST OF TOPICS
The conference Program Committee is looking for novel technical contributions addressing one or more of the topics mentioned below or others that authors believe to be of specific interest to the audience:
● Hardware & software endpoint security: – Innovative hardware security mechanisms, hardware security IP…
– Embedded software security, Secure Element, SIM, eSIM, TPMs
– Embedded OS, Real time OS (RTO) and virtual machines security
● Encryption technology:
– Lightweight and small footprint cryptographic technologies for IoT
– Cryptography evaluation and cryptanalysis
● Identity of things:
– Identity Management in IoT
– Seamless user and device authentication
– Strong authentication protocols & technologies
● Secure Cloud of things:
– Cloud platform virtualization security
– Cloud and distributed application security
– IoT platforms security
– Big Data security and privacy protection
● Network security:
– Security next gen/ IoT networks such as LPWAN, 4G/5G, etc.
– Decentralized networking security with Blockchain
– Firewall technologies, intrusion detection, etc.
– Cyber attacks detection and prevention
IOT APPLICATIONS SECURITY
● Critical infrastructures: Smart grids, transports, telecommunication, emergency, etc.
● Privacy and privacy enhancing technologies
– Privacy risk frameworks for use in developing IoT applications
– Privacy by design initiatives and standards
– Anonymity and anonymous transaction techniques
– Biometric security
REGULATION & STANDARDS
– Standardization and international mutual recognition agreements
– Government level initiatives and Industry-Government cooperation
– Ethics and legal considerations
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Please send your speaking proposals using the submission template.
Authors are invited to submit their proposals electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If authors do not receive acknowledgment within 72 hours, they are kindly invited to contact directly email@example.com.
All speaking proposals must be original ones and should be informative and impartial. The Program Committee will reject commercially-oriented presentations.
New deadline for abstract submission: April 14, 2017
Decisions and Presentation
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors on May 2, 2017.
Authors of accepted presentations commit themselves to present their paper at the conference. In case of personal impediment, the speaking person should appoint the backup speaker.
Registration fee is included in the Platinum, & Gold & Silver sponsor packages for one speaker. Regular registration speaker’s registration rate is €550 excl. vat. Speaker registration gives access to the conference & proceedings, breaks and lunches, networking tool. Speakers’ travel and accommodation expenses are not covered by the organizers.
Proceedings of the conference will be available at the opening of the event. Clear instructions about the proceedings will be sent to the authors of accepted presentations.
The organizers commit themselves not to disseminate the presentations before the conferences.
Other important dates:
► Official Program Appearance: June 12, 2017
► Complete presentation for the proceedings: September 1st, 2017
Additional Participation Opportunities
► Cyber Threat Intelligence: the management and operation of IoT Systems relying on automation and cognitive security (predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence…) are addressed by the co-located conference “Security Automation World” ► If you are a supplier of digital security solutions and expertise, you are also invited to take part in the Smart Security Week exhibition. ► Awards: the “Smart Security Week Awards” will spotlight the best digital security solutions. Finalists will be invited to the Awards ceremony during the Gala Evening. The Awards selection process will start in May 2017, get prepared!
2017 Program Committee members list: see updated list online.